Brookfield School

Principal's Message

Welcome to our Brookfield School website.  Brookfield is a small city school with 220 – 240 students.  Our small size is our strength as it allows us to foster a family friendly atmosphere where staff get to know all the children well.  Parent participation is welcomed and we offer many opportunities for parents and families to come and engage with the children’s learning. 

An experienced and highly skilled and committed staff work collaboratively to deliver quality education for our students. Staff have high expectations for all students.  The development of a Maori medium education option for our whanau is an exciting new direction our school began in 2015.  2017 sees us further expand on this with the opening of a third classroom starting February.  It runs alongside our English medium programme and gives a genuine choice of pathways for children to follow.  This will help us better meet the needs and expectations of our community.

A range of sporting and cultural activities are available for students to pursue.  We have optional gymnastics lessons and foster a range of other sports. Our school size means children swim daily.   We also offer Spanish, Mandarin, Te Reo Maori, Choir and a gardening group.  Senior classes have regular education outside the classroom experiences.  Each classroom is equipped with its own set of iPads and technology is integrated into the curriculum.   

Brookfield School is a signatory to the International Student Code of Practice.  The presence of international students in our classrooms provides our children with rich cultural experiences and helps prepare them to be members of a global community.

We are well supported by our encouraging Board of Trustees. We are well equipped with a swimming pool, 2 adventure playgrounds, a large playing field and netball courts. Enjoy looking through our website and don’t hesitate to contact us if you have questions to be answered or would like a guided tour.

Nga mihi 

Carol Burborough

Acting Principal