"Engagement increases when school leaders have vision and are committed to working in partnership with the parents and whānau of all students." (tki.org.nz)
Our Brookfield School Whānau / Family Group runs along similar lines to a POTS (Parents of the School), FOTS (Friends of the School), and PTA (Parent Teacher Association). Brookfield School staff believe that positive relationships with families and whānau are fundamental in a successful school.
Each term we have two school wide whānau/family hui. These hui (meetings) are around sharing ideas and contributing to discussions to help positively shape the way we do things at Brookfield School. We communicate these hui in several ways: on the school Facebook page, school newsletters, texts to parents, whānau and caregivers and via Seesaw.
Feel free to join the following:
- Reading Club - volunteer group everyday in the staffroom 8:30am - 9am.
- Working Bee - volunteer group - put your name down at the office. You will receive a text message when we need a hand around school projects.
- PTA - email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join the group. Help the school with fundraisers and events.
- Whānau Kaupapa Group - Support and help with any things Te Ao Māori Kaupapa running in the school. Costumes through to setting up performance equipment.
- Maths Club - volunteer group Wednesday and Friday - 8:30am - 9am in office.
- Coach Club - those that want to be a coach of a school sports team email: email@example.com
We are open to forming new groups to those that can see a need. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org