Brookfield School

Principal's Message

Tēnā Koutou e te whānau,

Ko Kahuranaki, Ko Ruahine, Ko Ruapehu ngā maunga.

Ko Waingongoro, Ko Rangitīkei, Ko Whanganui ngā awa.

Ko Takitimu, Ko Kurahaupō, Ko Aotea ngā waka.

Ko Ngāti Kurukuru, Ko Ngāti Hika Pirau, Ngāti Hinearo ngā hapū.

Ko Ngāti Kahungunu, Ko Ngāti Apa, Ko Te Āti Haunui-a-Pāpārangi ngā iwi.

Ko Ngaere Durie tōku ingoa.

Ko au te tumuaki o Te Kura o Manunui.

Welcome to Te Kura o Manunui. We are a small, city school of three hundred students in the rohe (region) of Ngāi Tamarawaho. We pride ourselves on our whānau feel that includes students, teachers, parents, caregivers and our wider community. At our school you will find whānau engaged with the learning in our classrooms, at Huria marae, on the sports fields and wherever learning is happening. 

The principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi are lived at our kura and underpin everything we do. It guides us to deliver a rich and curriculum that grounds tamariki with a sense of identity and belonging that is a foundation for success.  At Te Kura o Manunui we offer full immersion Te Reo Māori education through Te Whānau o Waipapa.  We also provide Reo Rua education for Year 1 students in Te Whānau o Pōkapū.  These classes allow us to provide opportunities for all of our tamariki to grow in both Te Reo Māori and English. By doing this we continue to meet the needs and expectations of our community.

Our staff are highly skilled and work hard to maintain strong relationships with students and their whānau. Coupled with high expectations it means every opportunity is taken to make sure our rangatahi are learning all the time! 

Outside of the classroom we also have endless sporting and cultural opportunities for our tamariki to grow and challenge themselves and meet new people. These include Gymnastics, Hip Hop, Rugby, Netball, Basketball, Football, Hockey, Touch, Cricket, Surfing, Sailing, Waka Ama, Wearable Arts, Kapa Haka, Drama, Music, Dance and more. We offer Sign language, Mandarin, Spanish, Te Reo Māori. We have camps and education outside of the classroom for students as well as gardening, digital technology and adventure learning. 

Our students come from all over Tauranga to join us and we also have students who have come from all around the world. This includes a small number of international students which provides our children with rich cultural experiences and helps prepare them to be members of a global community. Te Kura o Manunui is a signatory to the International Student Code of Practice.  

We are well supported by an encouraging Board of Trustees. We are well equipped with a swimming pool, two adventure playgrounds, a large playing field, a fitness trail and netball courts. A major development is happening for us in 2024 when Te Kura O Manunui relocates 300 metres down the road to a brand new site and a brand new school. This will mean all new classrooms, facilities and grounds for our tamariki. 

Enjoy looking through our website and please contact us if you would like to find out more about what we do. 

Ngā mihi 

Ngaere Durie

Principal/Tumuaki

Important Notices